The refreshing alternative to a traditional law firm
We are unique — first to market with our fully-owned law firm in a move that is game changing for the insurance industry and challenges the status quo of traditional law firms.
As a law firm embedded within Crawford, we are the only provider in Australia to bring you a full claims, legal and risk management service in one seamless package.
Crawford Legal Services (operating as HBA Legal) is a team of award-winning solicitors offering a highly competitive suite of legal and technical claims services to meet the needs of today’s insurance marketplace. We have offices across the country in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Newcastle.
Whether as a stand alone service provider or synchronising with other parts of the Crawford network, we offer something very different when compared to traditional law firms. Our integrated model means your challenges are tackled by our end-to-end approach across claims, adjusting and legal.
It is this end-to-end approach that has seen us completely transform “connected claims” solutions with our adjusters, claims teams and legal teams aligned. Crawford drives optimal claims outcomes, preserves necessary privileged evidence and leverages a unique, connected legal capability for our clients.
Crawford Legal Services also operates as a stand-alone legal service provider and trusted advisor to underwriters, brokers, insurers, insureds and corporates across Australia. We lead the way in these markets when it comes to creative problem solving and commercially-orientated solutions. We pride ourselves on alternative solutions to legal challenges and exceptional outcomes for clients aligned with their business goals. We structure service, fees and anything in between to suit each client.
- Strategic alignment for existing Crawford clients to disrupt the traditional claims and legal pathways
- Legal and claims support across all aspects of motor, casualty, property, health law, professional indemnity, workers’ compensation, dispute resolution, indemnity and fraud
- Access to Crawford's national and global network of specialist claims experts working on a unified basis
- Innovative and dedicated loss adjuster and legal subrogation and recovery unit with a redesigned operating model
- Synchronizing with our many adjuster solutions
- Standalone panel appointment, niche or conflict nomination
Why choose Crawford?
- Benefit from the investment, size, infrastructure, regulatory framework and financial security of the wider Crawford group
- The best lawyer on the job regardless of physical location or internal reporting structure
- Integrated across service lines with Crawford TPA: Broadspire and Paratus
- Innovation in subrogation and recovery
- Commercial differentiation through forward-thinking and alternative pricing models