Quantity Surveying, Forensic Engineering & Building Consultancy
Specialised engineering and surveying services delivered through a nationwide network of professionals
Through Crawford's CRD operation, we provide a national network of forensic engineers, building consultants, quantity surveying, and drafting teams with extensive technical expertise to manage any building and engineering claim — all supported by a nationwide administration team. Our experience and cutting-edge technology covers both large scale complex projects and single, standalone buildings throughout the commercial, retail, leisure, industrial and residential property sectors.
Our team is well-versed and experienced in tender issues, construction defects, general contractors, trade contractors and project structure. We adapt our solutions to suit all manner of projects — from very demanding complex work to sensitive, individual projects with vulnerable clients. Plus, through the Crawford network we can add value by leveraging expertise in business interruption, property, liability, subrogation, building valuation, and managed repair to fully support our customers’ needs.
- Supplementing national catastrophe management systems
- Completing building and maintenance surveys and acquiring statutory approvals
- Providing expert witness, liability reporting, party wall and health and safety knowledge
- Preparing schedules of condition and dilapidations towards the end of a lease
- Diagnosis of building defects and analysis of structural movement
- Delivering pre-loss activities including risk surveys and value at risk calculations
- Accessing CDM principal designer and contract administration services
Why choose Crawford?
- National coverage with local knowledge
- Access to specialist providers via our supply chain network
- Specialist knowledge of managing destructive forensic investigations
- High standards of governance and quality to ensure completion in accordance with scopes of work and statutory requirements
- Effective project management combined with first-class communication
Want to learn more?
Our focus is on people, partnerships, solutions and value.Tim Butler | Head of CRD Building Consultants & Engineers