Restoring and enhancing lives, businesses and communities.
Our purpose is embedded in our values — to RESTORE is a part of everything we do.
What started as an attempt to make milk truck deliveries more efficient has evolved into a global enterprise, solving claims-handling challenges for thousands of businesses around the world. It’s a long, proud history, and you can review many of the highlights below.
Jim Crawford opens the first Crawford & Company office in Columbus, Georgia.
Jim Crawford creates an employee training program that would later evolve into Crawford Educational Services and set the standard for education of claims adjustment in the insurance industry.
Crawford establishes new company slogan — "Top quality, promptly"
The company’s first acquisition of L.C. Arney, an independent adjusting company, opens the door to Baton Rouge, Louisiana at a cost of only $7,000.
Crawford opens an office in London, beginning its international expansion.
Crawford expands to Canada, initially with offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
Crawford becomes a publicly traded company issuing 225,000 shares of common stock at $16 per share.
Crawford’s MAYDAY, a 24/7 claims referral service revolutionizes the industry and solidifies Crawford as the leading innovator of claims solutions.
Rehabilitation, risk management, and catastrophe support are added to the Crawford service catalog as Crawford expands beyond property and casualty.
Crawford debuts Risk Sciences Group (RSG), a risk management service that gives self-funded corporations the ability to better understand their risk situations and manage them more effectively.
Crawford begins a decade of global expansion, acquiring Graham Miller Group, Brocklehurst Group and Thomas Howell Group during the 1990s.
Crawford celebrates 50 years in business.
Crawford acquires Adjusters Canada Inc., becoming the largest loss adjusting firm in Canada.
Crawford acquires Contractor Connection adding managed repair to its growing suite of services.
Contractor Connection launches in Canada
The Company's second largest acquisition, GAB Robins, significantly increases Crawford's claims handling business across a wide range of product lines and bolsters its global specialty claims services.
Crawford establishes its Global Business Service Center (GBSC) in Manila, Philippines, to consolidate and scale business functions and services.
- Crawford celebrates 75 years in business.
- Crawford Innovative Ventures (CIV) begins its work researching and investing in partnerships and acquisitions to support Crawford’s strategic plan.
Through CIV, Crawford acquires a majority interest in WeGoLook, an on-demand field services company combining technology with the gig economy to gather and validate information anytime, anywhere.
- WeGoLook launches in the UK, pushing forward ongoing innovations in claims management and significantly enhancing claims responsiveness.
- Crawford & Company (Canada), Inc. announces acquisitions of Cherrie Griffith Ltd., a provider of risk and claims services in the Ottawa region, and James, Dube, Spraggs Adjusters Ltd., with locations in Winnipeg and Brandon, Manitoba.
- Crawford celebrates 50 years as a public company.
Crawford introduces the industry’s first smart water-detection product.
- Rohit Verma named CEO and Joseph Blanco named president.
- Crawford establishes Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Crawford acquires HBA Legal, and it becomes part of Crawford Legal Services.
- Crawford celebrates its 80th anniversary.
- Crawford acquires Praxis Consulting, edjuster and BosBoon Expertise Group BV.
Crawford is a global, publicly listed provider of claims management and outsourcing solutions with nearly 9,000 employees in over 70 countries around the world.