Power, Energy and Mining
Specialised knowledge, skills and experience in onshore and offshore energy, mining, power generation, renewables and unique risks
The worlds of power, energy and mining have never been more dynamic. Over the past decade we have seen conventional energy sources expand while new sources come online. Disruption in industries such as oil, gas and natural resources like wind and solar have permanently altered the this incredible landscape.
Power and Energy
Crawford's power and energy teams have multinational experience across all major industrial sectors in this specialist space, including:
- Conventional thermal fossil fuel and nuclear power generation
- The wide array of renewable energy resources such as wind, solar, geothermal, hydropower and biomass
- The full generation, transmission, distribution and retail chain.
- Onshore and offshore oil and gas (platforms, drilling rigs, structures, towers & subsea)
- All sectors of the petroleum and petrochemical industry including upstream (exploration & production), midstream (transportation & storage), and downstream (refining and processing)
- LNG and NGL
Crawford's mining operation is led by highly experienced loss adjusters and accountants assisted by geotechnical and mining engineers who have the technical know-how and expertise to investigate cause and control and measure mining and processing losses. We can assist you in the development of your loss management plans for an early resumption of mining operations, and recommend measures to control costs and avoid financial waste.
Crawford's Global Technical Services group has handled the aftermath of hundreds of mining losses. From massive landslides in open pit mines to barricade failure causing fatalities underground, Crawford has been on the scene to manage every aspect of loss including extraction, processing, and final production.
- Loss consulting — onshore and offshore
- Refining and petrochemicals
- Utilities — power generation and transmission, gas, water
- Mining — land-based or dredging
- Renewable energy — onshore and offshore
- Subrogation and recovery
- Litigation support in the valuation of uninsured damage and business losses
- Mitigation of business interruption
Why choose Crawford?
- Expertise across a diverse range of sectors including generation, transmission, distribution, retail, machinery and electrical breakdown, mining risk, and machinery business interruption
- Providing an immediate on-site response and local liaison
- Immediate implementation of measures to control reinstatement costs
- Tailored response to each individual claim
- Application of right expertise and technology to achieve an effective conclusion
- Solid focus on fast and effective resolutions
- Unparalleled dedication to client service
- A collaborative, team approach involving all parties including insurers, reinsurers, lawyers, environmentalists, forensics and regulators